Contract position: Engineering Technician needed in Knoxville, Tennessee to do field data collection. The ideal candidate will have experience collecting data in the field and proficiency utilizing AutoCAD. Team work, communication and the ability to complete projects on time are a must. This will be a 6 - 12 month contract position with an opportunity to go permanent. Candidates will be required to utilize their own vehicle to drive to project sites and work in the field. Some local (day trips) travel is required.Responsibilities for the GIS Technician
Requirements for the GIS Technician
- Travel to local job sites to collect data and communicate data to project team.
- Work in Autocad, GIS applications and google maps.
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously.
- 1-3 years experience with field data collection preferred.
- Knowledge and utilization of CAD.
- Experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) applications in the telecommunications, energy, utility, rail and transit industries.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, employee assistance program.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.