Permanent position: National Manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire Plant Engineer. The Plant Engineer is a remote position that will provide technical support for manufacturing plants across the United States. The Plant Engineer should have strong experience with managing automated, capital equipment projects as well as following continuous improvement and lean manufacturing practices. This position requires up to 80% domestic and international travel. This position comes with a salary commensurate with experience ranging from $90K to $125k, plus up to a 25% performance bonus. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Design and improve plant processes, layouts, and equipment to achieve cost reduction and overall equipment reliability
- Work with vendors to source parts, design and test parts, and update older equipment to improve overall functionality
- Ensure that CAPEX processes meet divisional and corporate procedures, while monitoring capital spend performance against budget
- Manage and oversee capital projects that are intended to improve manufacturing operations, quality, safety, and also reduce costs of production and process automation.
- BS Degree Required, Chemical or Mechanical is Preferred
- Strong background in managing cradle to grave capital projects i.e. new equipment installation, automation equipment, equipment maintenance and modifications, and plant process layout
- Familiarity with fluid handling equipment i.e. pumps, heat exchangers, controls, power transmission equipment, etc.
- Preferred background in AutoCAD or other 3D Design software
- Must be open to both international and domestic travel (80%) and have a valid passport - Will work remote when not travelling
- Full-time, Permanent Position
- Salary ranging from $90K to $125K, plus up to a 25% performance bonus
- 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance, and flexible spending accounts
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, and short and long term disability protection
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.