Permanent position: We are searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to work for an aerospace/avionics company in Wichita, KS. This is a direct hire role that provides relocation assistance.Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer
Requirements for the Embedded Software Engineer
- Design embedded software for microcontroller-based systems, as well as PC-based applications for manufacturing and ground support
- Research new components, technologies, and methods to incorporate into new designs
- Prototype and execute test programs to verify compliance with applicable performance, regulatory, and quality requirements
- Coordinate with other functional teams during the life cycle of the product and be responsible for design modifications as required
- Support production processes for the manufacture and testing of products
- Required Bachelor's of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with Computer or Software emphasis.
- Required 5+ years of professional experience designing embedded software
- Required ability to work directly with target hardware, including lab bench equipment and other tools for debugging and analysis
- Required proficiency in C
- Preferred experience designing or troubleshooting PCB system hardware
- Preferred experience designing to environmental requirements such as RTCA DO-160, DO-178, DO-254 or similar aerospace or military standards
- Preferred experience with Design for Manufacture and Design for Test (DFM & DFT)
- Excellent benefits, PTO & 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.