Contract position: A Development Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Corning, NY area. This position will set up hardware and equipment daily for pilot plant type equipment in a Development environment. No per diem is available. No travel is expected. 1st shift: 6:00 AM - 2:00 PMResponsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Setting up hardware and equipment for multiple runs per day. Moving & storage of raw materials. Mixing, mulling, cleaning.
- Development and execution of experiments designed to drive at root cause or understanding of process issues.
- Develop a knowledge base for forming, dies, extrusion and related hardware technologies by working with area resources.
- Associate's degree preferably in a technical field and at least 3 years of experience in a technical, manufacturing, or lab setting.
- Some equipment / process aptitude with ability to troubleshoot and characterize key process drivers.
- Knowledge of the current ceramic substrate/filter manufacturing process is a plus. Previous extrusion or ceramic forming experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.