Permanent position: A global manufacturer in the transportation space is looking for an Engineering Manager position in the Chicago, IL area. This Engineering Manager will be responsible to deliver designs to agreed specifications on time and within budget while also offering innovative solutions to customer needs. A relocation package is available as this is a direct hire role and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Engineering Manager
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of engineering activities.
- Formulate and communicate long-term objectives and performance standards to staff and provide frequent feedback on the department's performance against those expectations.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities and ensure that engineering is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
- Lead a team of engineers as they develop, test, modify, implement, and validate solutions to technical problems and optimize existing programs including design of equipment, machinery, and processes.
- Participate in NPI, APQP, FMEA processes as required.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Consult with all areas of management responsible for policy or action. Ensure policy compliance within engineering.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Engineering (prefer Mechanical Engineering).
- Must have 15+ years of related experience and/or training.
- Relevant industry and/or process experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate team building and leadership skills with a positive professional approach.
- Excellent computer skills including CAD/CAM.
- Must show the ability to calculate figures for tolerances, percentages, area, circumference, and volume for GD&T.
- Ability to interface with customers, deal with difficult issues tactfully and professionally while building strong relationships.
- Relocation is available. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.