Permanent position: Project Engineer located just North of Cedar Rapids, IA for a growing industrial manufacturer that services the industrial, transportation, automotive, and agricultural markets. This role is responsible for rebuilding and installation of new or used equipment and is responsible to oversee the work of outside contractors. Candidate must have at least five (5) years experience managing maintenance projects within a manufacturing environment. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a stable and growing organization. Relocation assistance is available. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Make recommendations to improve production capability and reduce downtime.
- Fabricate new equipment and modify existing equipment, to increase production efficiency
- Oversee and assign work to outside contractors as needed to ensure timely and satisfactory project completion.
- Order material for projects and source out to find the best pricing available
- Ensure project scheduling avoids conflict with other production or maintenance concerns and that projects are able to be completed on schedule.
- Manage capital projects that may be assigned
- Two year technical degree is preferred
- Must have at least (5) five years experience managing plant projects (maintenance, installation, capital) for a manufacturing facility
- Experience overseeing outside contractors is required
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience using AutoCAD is a plus
- Full benefits package
- PTO / Vacation plan
- Relocation assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.