Contract position: Construction Quality Control Manager contract opportunity with a client located in the Durham, NC area. This position will oversee the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems for commercial and industrial construction projects to maintain quality on the project.Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- Implements and administers the company quality control program at the project site(s)
- Works with the Safety Manager, Project Manager, and Construction Manager to fulfill any quality control construction needs.
- Plans, develops, implements, updates, monitors and evaluates the project quality plan
- Acts as the client's representative to the client in all matters concerning the quality of the project
- Identifies gaps and potential changes in quality management procedures that affect project operations, and participates in independent internal audits, assessments and vendors request.
- Complete job close-out procedures ensuring as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals are submitted timely
- Other duties as required
- Approximately 5 or more years of combined experience as a Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager or Project Engineer on a similar size and type of construction contract
- 2 years of experience as a QC Manager
- Working knowledge of field construction including systems, practices, general engineering principals and construction techniques, materials, methods and sequencing
- Detailed experience with quality control for mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
- Familiarity with requirements of USACE EM 385-1- 1
- USACE or NAVFAC Project Experience
- Certificate of completion of Construction Quality Managers for Contractors course is a plus
- Design/Build experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.