Contract position: An Equipment Engineer for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Kennebunk, ME area. This position will work with project team members to solve difficult mechanical engineering and process equipment related problems, resolve project related issues, and develop understanding of process and equipment design requirements for life science products. No per diem is available. Travel is required. 1st shift.Responsibilities for the Equipment Engineer
Requirements for the Equipment Engineer
- Design and follow construction of prototype and production process equipment, conduct proof of concept and prototype tests to validate design concept, collect and evaluate data and make appropriate engineering recommendations.
- Focus will be on the design, system integration/debug, installation and production start-up of process machines, machine components and material handling systems and training of plant personnel.
- Responsible for acquiring knowledge of assigned areas (tolerance analysis, component specification, process requirements, machine functionality, material selection, error budgets, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 5 years of mechanical engineering experience.
- Basic understanding of materials, process and mechanical design to enable the development of cost effective process machine systems.
- Ability to use experimentation to develop basic process knowledge, design prototype test systems and perform proof of principle testing to validate approach.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.