Permanent position: Come join one of the largest mechanical contractors for a Project Engineer position located in Santa Cruz, CA. The position will require 3+ years working as a Project Engineer with a background in construction, plumbing, and Industrial. Must be self-motivated, detail orientated, great at time management and open to grow with a company that is dramatically expanding. Apply today!Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Some travel to local job sites to identify opportunities for improvement, and gather data regarding energy use, building functions, and structural characteristics.
- Complete preliminary designs, review proposal data, and review costs with purchasing.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- 1-3 years experience as a Project Engineer in the construction, plumbing and industrial fields.
- Engineering degree in mechanical (highly preferred), construction management, or equivalent experience with HVAC experience.
- Ability to travel locally to different job sites and clients. 60 % in the office, 40% travel.
- Use and understanding of AutoCad.
- Competitive benefits package and 401k
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
- Competitive time off including sick time, PTO, and Personal time.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.