Permanent position: BIM Designer with Revit expertise needed in Houston Texas. This position supports Structural and Civil Engineering for a busy engineering firm. This person will be responsible for the preparation and construction drawings for buildings, and coordinating with architectural and MEP files. Responsibilities for the Structural Designer
Requirements for the Structural Designer
- Use Revit Structure to prepare construction drawings for buildings
- coordinate with architectural and MEP files
- coordinate with existing conditions and address project engineer's markups, review and respond to RFI's, and communicate with project team.
- 5+ years of structural drafting experience for commercial projects
- Proficient in AUTOCAD and Revit Structure
- Ability to analyze sketches, notes and other input to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete drawings with occasional input from PM
- Ability to document project typically with specific special details coordinated with PM using architectural model and documentation
- Can fully recognize and coordinate conflicts with architect and MEP
- Can schedule time appropriately to meet the deadlines for multiple projects
- Can attend meetings with the PM to discuss coordination between project team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.