Permanent position: Plastics Process Engineer urgently needed for a direct hire position with a manufacturer of plastic packaging products based out of Newark, DE. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's (or higher) Degree in Plastics or Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering, and prior experience in the plastics processing industry including extrusion, injection molding, and thermoforming. Salary range for this position is $60k/y - $80k/yr. depending on experience.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Creates and Leads optimization projects for the extrusion, injection molding and thermoforming processes by identifying, validating and implementing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Identify and Drive Projects to reduce cost, eliminate waste and improve process capabilities, as well as to improve product quality and workplace safety.
- Establishes process and process capability standards for all plastics processing equipment.
- Conduct process audits to support process capability in support of product quality efforts.
- Understand and apply Cpk, FEMA, and Gage R&R analysis for plastics production processes.
- Creates and updates documentation related to plastic equipment process capabilities.
- Develop specifications and provide technical expertise to purchase new equipment and tooling.
- Assist manufacturing and maintenance teams to troubleshoot plastics production equipment issues by identifying root cause of issues and implementing sustainable corrective actions.
- Responsible for leading implementation and validation of all new plastics processing equipment and tooling projects.
- BS Degree in Plastics or Materials science or BS in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years process engineering experience in the plastics industry.
- Prior Design experience in the Plastics Industry using programs such as AutoCAD, CATIA, UG, etc..
- Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing Experience preferred.
- Company Sponsored Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.