Permanent position: A leading multinational precision component manufacturer is looking for an Automation Technician in the Chicago, IL area. The Automation Technician must be able to troubleshoot, maintain and repair basic electrical systems, sensors, pneumatic systems, robotics & other automation equipment. This is a direct hire opportunity with no relocation and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Ability to run all standard tool room machines (mill, lathe, etc.).
- Troubleshoot basic electrical systems/controls, sensors, pneumatic systems, robotics, & other automation equipment.
- Ability to read PLC programs to troubleshoot and maintain all automation equipment.
- Evaluate and guide the design concepts and processes developed by the design engineering group.
- Order replacement components and maintain replacement parts as needed.
- PLC programming.
- Robotics programming.
- Servo sliders, air cylinders, pack and place equipment.
- 2D/3D CAD skills are required.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.