Permanent position: Consumer paper-based packaging leader is looking to hire a permanent Maintenance mechanic. This opportunity will be located in the Kalamazoo, MI area The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years Heavy Industrial Maintenance experience. This role comes with a very competitive compensation package ranging from $33-35hr depending on experience. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician
Requirements for the Maintenance Technician
- Ensures proper operation of manufacturing equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pumps, gear boxes, pneumatic tools and production machines.
- Troubleshoot, install, align, dismantle, repair and maintain industrial machinery and mechanical equipment for improved reliability and up-time
- Able following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions experience in industrial plant maintenance.
- Troubleshooting skills in pneumatics, hydraulics, rotating machinery performance.
- Must be able to provide documentation of Millwright Journeyman status.
- Strong fabrication skills with mig and tig welding experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.