Engineering opportunity with a client located in the Houston, TX area for someone with experience in monitoring a variety of solvent processing units in a plant environment. This position will be responsible to ensure the solvent processing units are being operated in a safe, efficient manner while maximizing yields and throughput to increase revenue. Relocation is available and this position is bonus eligible. Client offers great benefits.Responsibilities for the Refinery Engineer
Requirements for the Refinery Engineer
- Collect and monitor the operation of solvent processing units
- Conduct periodic unit performance reviews with Site Technical Staff
- Propose operational changes to improve unit and plant profitability
- Establish management systems to assure continual improvements in quality, reliability, and efficiency
- Provide process engineering expertise for solvent processing new equipment and equipment upgrade projects across all sites
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering or related field
- Approximately 15 years of experience with refineries; specialty oils and petroleum preferred and 10 years of solvent processing experience in a plant or technical environment
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring a variety of solvent processing units in a plant environment
- Technical experience in design or unit process engineering improvements
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to influence key contributors and build an intracompany knowledge base
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.