Permanent position: Our client in Monrovia, CA is looking for a Systems Engineering Manager to start right away, must have strong technical management experience with a custom engineering department.Responsibilities for the Systems Engineering Manager
Requirements for the Systems Engineering Manager
- Coach systems engineering staff in the areas of creative automation solutions, engineering procedures in a commercial environment and project management.
- Coach staff on presentation and communication with customers and other departments.
- Achieve project performance goals on all custom equipment projects, setting and managing customer and company expectations following ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Manage engineering department resources to achieve targets, and manage department budget.
- Manage design and documentation changes in a timely manner
- Transfer standardizable designs to standard product R&D department
- Working with sales channel and systems engineers, develop conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of semi-automated parts handlers for laser industrial processing equipment based on customer requirements, in a timely manner to meet aggressive pre-sale schedule targets
- Provide administrative management of systems engineering department, including staffing, performanceappraisals, career development, reporting, and participation in company-wide management and processimprovement initiatives
- Bachelors Degree in either Mechanical, Electrical, Software, or related Engineering curriculum.
- 5 years of experience in a technical management capacity
- Personnel management skills including planning staff, hiring, performance improvement and coaching
- Travel domestically and internationally without restrictions- 1-2 weeks a quarter
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.