Contract position: Construction Supervisor opportunity with a client located in the Fresno, CA area. This position is for someone to assist the Project Manager in managing the installation and completion of energy saving improvements at a federal facility. Mechanical background (boiler, chiller, air handlers, plumbing) preferred. Per Diem will be considered for candidates that are eligible.Responsibilities for the Construction Manager
Requirements for the Construction Manager
- Assists PM to schedule and manage pre-construction meetings, subcontractor and owner's meetings
- Monitor quality and safety of the subcontractors on various sites, adhering to OSHA standards
- Work daily with customer and subcontractors to resolve unforeseen issues with the project
- Coordinate collection of sign off sheets as well as collect and write daily reports of project progress
- Keep projects running on schedule, coordinate with other subcontractors, order inspections, etc.
- Ensure installed work meets specifications and resolve punch list items upon project completion
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by Project Manager
- Approximately 3 or more years related construction experience (preferably in performance contracting)
- Experience with HVAC, electrical, power generation, steam, chilled water, hot water, control design, and/or mechanical systems
- OSHA 30 Hours Mandatory, Federal and State safety regulations experience is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret mechanical and engineering periodicals and schematics, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior management, as well as with external organizations, customers, and the public
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.