Permanent position: Our client in Anaheim, a well known utility company is looking for an Engineering Design Manager. Engineering Design Manager is responsible for managing the design portion of the capital improvement program and for managing the engineering records and standards of the company.Responsibilities for the Civil Engineer
Requirements for the Civil Engineer
- Oversees the completion of the design of the annual board and/or relevant Public Utilities Commission capital budget for all Golden State water supply, distribution, and other capital projects.
- Coordinates internal and external resources towards the completion of the design of capital projects.
- Prioritizes capital project design within area of responsibility.
- Plans, directs, assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Liaisons with other areas of company (e.g. Planning, Capital Program Management, Water Resources and Operations) on the development and implementation of the long-term assets management plan.
- Ensures that legal, regulatory and company requirements and commitments are met withrespect to capital construction design efforts.
- Represents the company in public settings (including the media) with respect to large and/or controversial projects.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical or environmental engineering, related field AND no lessthan 10 years of relevant experience in managing public works and/or public utility projectsAND at least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in supervision of relevant staff.
- Currently registered in good standing as a Civil Engineer by the California Board forProfessional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.
- Knowledgeable in AutoCAD and hydraulic modeling software
- Generous company benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.