Permanent position: Multi-national maker of automotive parts seeks a CONTROLS ENGINEER for its manufacturing operations located just outside of CLEMSON, SC. The CONTROLS ENGINEER designs and drafts systems of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic controls for machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers, to include other routine engineering duties within the facility. IMMEDIATE, DIRECT-HIRE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Designs and drafts arrangement of linkage of conductors, relays, and other components of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and lubrication devices.
- Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control.
- Designs and drafts diagrams of cable connection for robots, robot end-of-arm tool, robot controller, and other machines.
- Confers with equipment manufacturers to resolve problems regarding building of controls systems.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electro-Mechanical Engineering or equivalent techinical education and experience combined.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in related field
- Proficient understanding of complex design drawings, layouts, stack-ups, and verbal design instructions, and understanding and applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- The company provides a competitive benefits package to include relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.