Contract position: A PDP Quality Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Ankeny, IA area. This position will participate, generate, validate, facilitate and/or conduct Quality Plan Levels, Design Reviews, System, Design, Process FMEAS, Design Process and Assembly Reviews, Gage R&Rs and Capability studies for components and assemblies. No per diem available. No travel required. 1st shift position. 25% domestic travel.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Prepare process/ assembly control plans. Review and approve PPAPs. Support virtual and physical builds.
- Perform Routing Quality Assessments (RQA) and Process Quality Assessments (PQA) for virtual and pre-production builds.
- Prepare audit and inspection plans and audit check sheets. Create and approve temporary deviations. Create NCCAs for all required corrective action requests derived from various quality planning activities and various build events.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology. At least 4 years of experience in a manufacturing, industrial and/or quality engineering environment.
- Knowledge of quality tools such as FMEAs, DPARs, Control Plans, PPAPs. Experience with GD&T and blue print reading.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.