Contract position: Client has an immediate need for a Field Technician to join their team. The company is headquartered in Roswell, GA, but this position is available nationwide. The ideal candidate would possess a minimum of 2 years of experience in soil testing and solid waste field inspection. Please apply today!Responsibilities for the Environmental Technician
Requirements for the Environmental Technician
- Read and interpret project specifications and plans related primarily to earthworks, geosynthetics, and drainage structures.
- Take well-documented notes on construction activities performed by contractors and on soil tests performed.
- Perform in-place soils density testing.
- Communicate, both written and oral, with co-workers, clients, contractors, and State agencies.
- Travel to job sites for periods of time, typically around 3 to 9 months at a time.
- 2-5 years of experience with soil testing and solid waste field inspections.
- Ability to operate a nuclear density gauge and other testing equipment.
- Experience with landfills is needed!
- Experience with geosynthetic clay liners is a plus!
- Opportunity to convert to direct hire.
- Per Diem available.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.