Permanent position: CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER Manufacturer is seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join the maintenance department team in the Dallas, Texas headquarters. The ideal candidate should be inquisitive and always trying to find the root cause of the problem. The candidate will work with the production and maintenance team. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Incorporate modify/upgrade programmable logic controllers (PLC's) for the best application of PLC's for the operation.
- Assist new equipment purchases and determine the capability with our current software and hardware systems
- Implement automation systems to improve plant efficiencies.
- Utilize the scientific method problem solving techniques to systematically determine root cause.
- Facilitate and perform troubleshooting to find root cause of problems.
- Design "built-in tests" to our systems to improve detection of a problem and equipment reliability (preventive maintenance).
- Support production operations on all shifts as required.
- Write operating instructions/maintain drawings utilizing the appropriate software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- BS degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering preferred
- 3-5 years' experience implementing/programming PLC's in a industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.