Permanent position: Our client is looking for a Design Engineer in the suburbs of Detroit, MI. This Design Engineer must be comfortable using various 3D/2D CAD software programs including CATIA V5 & NX. The Design Engineer will be responsible for the product design/development process while effectively communicating and collaborating with all phases of the business. This is a direct hire opportunity and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- 3D/2D Design of products using various CAD software programs (CATIA V5 / NX) in accordance with company, industry and customer specific design standards; demonstrate strong level of design acumen and application of CAD tools.
- Lead/Support department objectives (ex. VA/VE, DFMEA, Warranty Reduction) with emphasis to optimize product design for robustness, manufacturing and cost while meeting customer specifications.
- Perform various engineering calculations and analysis using internal software tools as well as industry standard tools/methods such as GD&T, Tolerance Stacking, FMEA, DRBFM, FEA, etc.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all phases of business including manufacturing plants, customers and external suppliers during the product design/development process.
- Adhere to all department work instructions, TS guidelines, customer specific requirements and company policies and procedures. Participate in annual internal and external auditing activity related to Design Engineering for the ISO/TS-IATF 16949 and ISO14001 quality systems.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree (BSME preferred) in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Design experience; Automotive industry is preferred.
- Moderate knowledge of automotive power train or drive line systems.
- Must have strong CATIA V5 3D/2D or NX 3D/2D skills and desire for heavy CAD role.
- Moderate knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance Stacking, DFMEA, IMDS, VA/VE.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, Cash matching 401K, Paid Vacation, & Tuition Reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.