Contract position: We are looking for a Buyer in Jackson, MI to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last 4 months and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Plan and provide, at minimum costs, the necessary materials to manufacture saleable products.
- Negotiate for and procure a variety of assigned commodities including those which are a non-standard or of a technical nature.
- Negotiate prices, terms, delivery, and conditions of purchase from suppliers for a variety of assigned commodities
- Implement controls to follow up purchase order, issue change notices, and catalog suppliers' prices and quotations in an efficient manner.
- Bachelors degree in Business Admin, Materials Planning or related field
- 3+ years experience as a Buyer in a manufacturing environment
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.