Contract position: A Senior Quality Engineer is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the Wallingford, CT area. This position is responsible for creating, establishing, and supporting site Quality Engineering and Regulatory program functions in support of Engineering, Production, Regulatory and ISO guidance's. No per diem available. No travel required. 1st shift position. Responsibilities for the Senior Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Quality Engineer
- Maintain and improve Quality Engineering Programs and Quality System activities to enhance the quality of products and services that the company supplies.
- Support and guide product development teams through the design life cycle and transfer of the product into manufacturing and post manufacturing support ensuring compliance with the Quality System Regulations.
- Conduct safety, efficacy and hazard analysis, FMEAs, FTAs and FTA Criticality and help to drive improvement in Quality Metrics such as product development cycle time.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred, however any Engineering field is accepted. At least 7 years of experience working in a Quality Engineering role.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and ability to interpret, regulations and guidelines governing medical device development & testing, including CFRs, ISO, MDD, and other international/regulatory standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.