Contract position: GIS Analyst needed in Houston Texas. This person will be responsible for the update and maintenance of the current system and the eventual transition to an ESRI environment. This role requires a thorough understanding of PODS data model and technical competence in utilizing GIS for data and spatial analysis. Responsibilities for the GIS Analyst
Requirements for the GIS Analyst
- Responsible for updating GIS and maintaining the integrity of geographic information databases that support the contiguous pipeline assets across North America
- Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day maintenance of GIS, which requires a substantial understanding of spatial data principles, map projections and digital data repositories.
- Apply strong conceptual and practical understanding of spatial and pipeline database design, including relational database design and spatial data integration, GIS application software development and spatial analysis, data automation procedures, including vector and raster data automation techniques, data standards and quality assurance procedures.
- Define and manage business usage requirements of current GIS application (ArcGIS) using knowledge and experience with pipeline as-built process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Geography or related field OR GISP certification OR a minimum of 4-6 years relevant GIS experience at a pipeline company.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS suite of products from Esri.
- Pipeline Industry experience with an understanding of the PODS data model.
- Proficiency in Python for automating geoprocesses and creating standardized maps.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.