Contract position: We are looking for a Lab Technician in Dunedin, FL to work at a leading beverage manufacturing company. This is an opening on 3rd shift(10:30 PM - 7:0 AM). This is a contract position that is expected to last 3 months and could be longer, also could lead to a direct hire role. Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Provide accurate inspection and testing of processed juice and related products according to Q.A. specifications.
- Test incoming concentrates and liquid sweeteners. Conduct water testing. Test in-process and finished products.
- Able to analyze and interpret results. Properly communicate lab results to appropriate production, Q. A., and warehouse personnel.
- Enter laboratory data into a computer and use business software. Properly identify and store samples.
- Become certified by the USDA to inspect and grade products and conduct plant sanitation inspections in accordance with USDA requirements.
- B.S. Degree in Food Science or Chemistry
- 1-5 years of laboratory experience
- Ability to understand and recognize GMP issues.
- Food or Beverage manufacturing industry experience is a plus
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.