Contract position: An Electrical Drafting/CAD Technician and a Mechanical Drafting/CAD Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science are needed in the Wilmington, NC area. These positions will provide electrical or mechanical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet company Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. No per diem is available. Some travel may be required. Responsibilities for the CAD Drafter
Requirements for the CAD Drafter
- Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required. Incorporate redlined drawings into company standard packages and follow-up with drafting services as needed to resolve design issues.
- Re-design mechanical components to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs.
- Provide support to technicians to create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
- Associate's degree in Electrical controls or Mechanical Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing setting.
- Strong practical hands-on electrical or mechanical aptitude (able to reverse-engineer design from existing piece of equipment).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.