Contract position: An Electrical Controls Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Wilmington, NC area. This position will perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment. No per diem is available. Some travel may be required.Responsibilities for the Electrical Technician
Requirements for the Electrical Technician
- Interpret and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
- Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs and trades to replace defective components and execute changes in design and solve equipment/process issues.
- Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in an engineering or manufacturing setting.
- Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment.) Electro-mechanical troubleshooting, proficient with pneumatic and electrical schematics.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.