Contract position: Leader in medical device manufacturing is looking for a Sr. Engineer focused on Medical Device Design / Verification in Round Lake IL. This is a contract opportunity expected to last 12 months, could be longer based on performance, possible temp to perm. Currently we are only looking for local candidates. Great Contractor Benefits! Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Contribute, at the system level, to the overall development of medical infusion systems though the definition, direction and execution of verification and validation strategies
- Propose solutions to technical challenges commonly associated with new product development
- Function within a team environment and provide clear feedback to supervisor, team members and department
- Must be able to provide technical solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Biomedical with three to seven years of experience in a design and/or development setting
- Experience with the development and verification of electronic medical equipment with embedded firmware, preferably pumps
- 1-3 years of protocol writing experience
- Experience with Medical Device design controls and understanding of Good Document / Manufacturing Practices in the area of design controls, including FDA-21 CFR 820.30 and ISO 9001
- Working understanding of IEC 60601-1, Medical electrical equipment - Part 1: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance
- DOORs or ALM experience a plus
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.