Contract position: Sr. Telecommunications Engineer (Utility - SONET/SCADA) - long term contract job. Well respected EMC is seeking a skilled Sr. Telecommunications Engineer for a long term contract assignment in Tucker, GA. Candidate will help support an ongoing SCADA network design and will be responsible for project engineering, planning, coordination, and budgeting as it applies to telecommunications transmission/radio systems. Responsibilities for the Telecommunications Engineer
Requirements for the Telecommunications Engineer
- Candidate will help support an ongoing SCADA network design and will be responsible for project engineering, planning, coordination, and budgeting as it applies to telecommunications transmission/radio systems.
- DWDM Design & Implementation
- Carrier Ethernet Design
- BS or BST degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other applicable discipline, or equivalent professional experience required
- Four (4) years of direct work experience related to short-term and long-term telecommunications network planning to include the installation and testing of fiber optic, microwave radio, and satellite systems
- Carrier Ethernet Certificate (i.e., MEF-CECP).
- Working experience with Ethernet (Ethernet over SONET, Carrier Ethernet, Layer 3 Routing)
- Experience in T1 networking, broadband transport equipment (SONET and IP Networks), DC battery systems, and microwave radio systems
- Knowledge and understanding of advanced networking systems to include integrations with substations, power plants and IT resources into a common communications network.
- Utility telecommunications, NERC experience related to utility industry, and outside plant construction experience also preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.