Contract position: We are searching for a Lab Technician (Mechanical Tech) in Marshall, MI to work at a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract position that is expected to last a year and could be longer. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Technician
Requirements for the Mechanical Technician
- Work within a lab environment supporting engineering prototype, development, and validation test activities.
- Assisting with assembly of sample prototype builds.
- Assembling prototype test unit, conduct specific unit testing, and complete teardown analysis
- Executing component testing and related data analysis
- Using inspection and layout equipment including Dial Indicators, Micrometers, Coordinate Measuring Machine, Balancing Machine, Profilometer - Surface Finish, Optical Comparator, Material Hardness, Spring Force, and Welding.
- Supporting campus EHS, material and quality control activities including - safety action items, part inventory and storage, lab organization and cleanup, and other items as necessary.
- Associates Degree preferred but not required
- Previous knowledge or training using inspection, layout, and measurement tools
- Previous experience building prototype samples, supporting development and validation testing, and analyzing/processing test data
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.