Permanent position: Degreed Telecommunications Engineer - multiple positions available from entry thru Senior level experience. Well respected EMC is seeking two Telecommunications Engineers for direct hire career opportunities in Tucker, GA. Candidates will help support work in the lab, out in the field, and in the Systems Control Center for a statewide electrical distribution and transmission control system. Responsibilities for the Telecommunications Engineer
Requirements for the Telecommunications Engineer
- Support field and engineering staff for the SCADA and telecommunication systems within distribution and transmission substations, and the Remote Revenue Metering system.
- Provide technical expertise to the System Control Center which monitors and controls substation equipment
- Candidate will support field service technicians that install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair SCADA system hardware
- BS or BST degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other applicable discipline, EIT a plus
- Varying levels of experience required depending on role - ideal candidate will have experience in a utility environment, but client will consider experience working with process controls, automation, networks, or any other area that requires communications between Intelligent Equipment Devices
- Working knowledge of volt-ohm meters, test sets, and technical references to help support field service technicians as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.