Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Sr. Project Scheduler to join their team in Houston, TX. This is a long term contract that can become a direct hire job for the righ candidate. You need 10+ years of experience in project planning & scheduling in support of heavy industrial engineering and construction projects. ** Hourly rate is commensurate with experience & education **Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Main responsibility will be to develop & maintain project & program schedules using Oracle Primavera P6 v7 or R8 in support of large utility Transmission Line and Substation projects
- Developing complex project schedules working with functional leads and project managers
- Maintain the schedule throughout the project lifecycle via feedback from the internal project team as well as input from contractor and vendor schedules and associated communication
- The output will be presented in a manner that facilitates the planning and execution of the project in line with project objectives
- Identify critical and near-critical paths as well as trends to help project team stay on track
- Review, assess, process, and quality check detailed information and database inputs on a weekly basis
- 10+ years of engineering and construction scheduling on complex, industrial or heavy industrial EPC projects
- You must have at least 5 years of experience as a Scheduler supporting electric Utility Transmission Line and Substation EPC projects
- Must have solid experience with critical path method (CPM) scheduling in support of EPC projects
- Advanced skills with creating and maintaining schedules in Primavera P6 software
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management or related field is preferred
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.