Contract position: Construction Cost Estimator located in Seattle, WA that is responsible to provide Construction Estimating Services for a government ferry terminal. This role is responsible to prepare and review multi-discipline project estimates for heavy civil/marine and architectural based construction projects. BS degree is preferred (High school diploma is required) and completing construction cost estimating experience in building construction industry to be considered. This is a contract opportunity that is slated to last for an initial period of twenty-four (24) months with the possibility of extension. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Estimator
Requirements for the Estimator
- Prepare and review multi-discipline project estimates for heavy civil/marine and architectural based construction projects.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
- Provide Independent Cost Estimates for Contract Amendments
- Provide cost estimation for routine change order proposals
- Perform a cost or price analysis to ensure price proposals are reasonable
- Review drawings, specifications and other data to gain a thorough and prior knowledge of the change proposals.
- Must have Construction Cost estimating experience in building construction or related industry
- Experience preparing and reviewing multi-discipline project estimates
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project is required.
- High school diploma is required (BS Degree is preferred)
- Working knowledge of building materials including materials and construction methods/practices
- Contractor benefits are provided
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.