Contract position: A Safety Specialist is needed for a leading automotive near Torrance, CA. The Safety Specialist is responsible for supporting safety programs and leading risk reduction initiates for the R&D teams. Qualified candidates must have an AS Degree, and 3+ years' of related safety experience for a manufacturing organization. This is a long term contract opportunity, and our client is only seeking local candidates or candidates willing to relocate themselves at this time. Responsibilities for the Safety Specialist
Requirements for the Safety Specialist
- Lead safety support training and perform risk reduction activities
- Advise teams on risk reduction initiatives; perform process safety reviews, job safety analysis, and create safety documentation
- Conduct Kanban, machine risk assessments, and ergonomic studies
- Support site safety audits and inspection systems and processes
- 3+ years' of related safety experience for a manufacturing organization
- Minimum of an AS Degree, BS Preferred
- Prior experience conducting safety training
- Experience with environmental compliance and reporting is preferred
- Proficiency with MS office
- Overtime potential
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.