Contract position: Materials Engineer needed for a temp to perm opportunity in the Plainfield, CT area. The Materials Engineer is responsible for researching, designing, developing, testing and troubleshooting mechanical and electro-mechanical systems. Candidates must have an understanding of material properties including (metals and ceramics) and heat transfer systems. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Researching, designing, prototyping and production readying custom assemblies.
- Experimenting with new emerging materials and electro-mechanical hardware.
- Use and computer modeling of mechanical and dynamic systems.
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting hardware defects.
- Knowledge of Material properties (Material Science) including metals, ceramics and energy - heat transfer systems.
- Solid foundation of mechanical math and CAD modeling systems.
- 4+ years hands-on experience in hardware development.
- BS/MS in Engineering, Math or Physics
- Thermodynamics and steam utilization.
- Ability to create technical design documentation
- Industry leading contractor benefits available! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.