Contract position: Engineering & Construction client in St.Louis, MO is looking for a Jr. Cost Engineer/Cost Analyst with 2-5 years of experience related to project cost controls & reporting activities supporting construction projects. The ideal candidate will have Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or related field from accredited program. Entry-level position (zero to two years of professional experience) Client is looking for local candidates only.Responsibilities for the Cost Engineer
Requirements for the Cost Engineer
- Provide administrative support to a Project Manager by supporting many project controls functions including reporting, project change management, cost control, cost analysis, forecasting, purchase order tracking, etc...
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal cost reports, cash flows, and forecasts
- Analyze project controls cost reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project team
- Coordinate project set-up in Oracle Financial MIS Accounting Module or EcoSys EPC
- Perform budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts
- Assist with the set up of a Change Management System as well as maintain a change log for this system
- Review the upstream (prime contract) & downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders
- Maintain budget and forecasts for multiple projects
- Ensure project set-up in the accounting system
- 2-5 years of experience as a Project Controls Assistant, Jr. Project Manager, Cost Engineer, Cost Analsyt or Project Assistant supporting engineering or construction projects
- You need experience working within an accounting system and opening up a project in this system
- You need experience setting up cost budgets and forecasting for projects
- You need experience reviewing purchase orders & invoices from material vendors or subcontractors
- BA or BS degree is needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Office is needed
- Must be an advanced user of MS Excel
- PTO program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.