Contract position: Long-term contract opportunity for a Systems Engineer near the Long Beach, CA area with an aerospace client. The Systems Engineer will be using Simulink/Matlab for Model Based Development to develop control software, preferably with experience in the navigation and guidance areas. Must have a strong background in embedded software. Actual pay rate will be commensurate with experience.Responsibilities for the Systems Engineer
Requirements for the Systems Engineer
- Design, implement and verify embedded control software
- Create Control Software using Model Based Development
- Verify Embedded Software through Simulink/Matlab
- Work within a team on software development using configuration management software
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 7 or more years of experience in software development (less experience required for candidates with advanced degrees)
- Familiarity with autocode generation with the ability to build, test and debug the generated code
- Proficient with Simulink/Matlab (5+ years experience, current experience with version 2016 highly preferred)
- Experienced within Avionics, Navigation, or Vehicles preferred.
- Comprehensive contractor benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.