Permanent position: Our client is looking for an experienced Embedded Network Software Engineer near Chicago, IL. This Embedded Network Software Engineer will be a contributor in our clients Product Development Division who will focus on the networking aspects of the software used in their products. The is a direct hire position and our client will offer a sign-on bonus for those out of state.Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer
Requirements for the Embedded Software Engineer
- Design, develop and test real time, embedded software for embedded RTOS based products with focus on standard networking protocols for managing client devices and supporting system functionality.
- Support the software of our clients products and customers with respect to networking in LAN, WLAN, WAN, and VLAN environments.
- Specify embedded software components for use in our clients systems especially in the areas of networking.
- Work as a part of a cross-functional development team to design and implement cutting edge audio products and technologies.
- Practice established software development methodologies and principles focusing on separation of concerns, re-usability, maintainability, minimized complexity, high cohesion and low coupling.
- Model designs using UML and related methods; develop use cases to model real-time systems behavior.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of embedded software development experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of software design, analysis and programming C++ and/or C.
- Experience developing software utilizing networking protocols such as TCP/UDP/IP, SNMP, VoIP and related protocols.
- Demonstrated ability in supporting customers and/or internal teams supporting software under customer usage scenarios.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible spending, 401K, Profit Sharing, Life / Short / Long disability, transit benefit, 529 college savings plan, Adoption assistance, Flexible work schedule, Tuition reimbursement, Wellness reimbursement, discount on company products, PTO, training & development.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.