An Electrical Engineer is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the Minneapolis, MN area. This position will work closely with product management to write detailed technical specifications and requirements for electrical components that will be used in applications. No per diem available. No travel will be required. Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Drive / Support Internal Design Reviews and Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA) to evaluate, improve, and select a proposed supplier solution for a new or upgraded component.
- Develop and conduct Design Verification Plans (DVP) for electrical components, sub-systems and systems. Ensure the DFMEA drives all proposed DVP tests to include reliability, durability (environmental), performance, system integration, safety, and cost
- Lead failure analysis using industry standard processes. Evaluate warranty returned products to determine the root cause of field returns and establish design improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of systems and/or product design work experience.
- Hardware design and integration experience with controllers, sensors, power electronics, motors, alternators, starters and/or generators.
<Benefits for the Electrical Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.