Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a Lead Project Controls Engineer with 15+ years of cost analysis & cost engineering and scheduling experience on large, heavy industrial plant construction projects. The client prefers candidates with Power Plant or oil/gas EPC project experience. This is a long term contract opportunity in Madison, WI. Per diem provided. **** hourly rate commensurate with experience **** Responsibilities for the Project Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Project Controls Engineer
- Responsible for the cost control on large power plant construction projects including tracking of project costs and contingency, forecast and risk updates, and support of project/program manager on all cost related matters
- Monitors all EPC cost components, analyzes budget variances, develops forecasts, and reports on cost
- Develops owner's cost estimates and reviews cost estimates from contractors for new work as well as change orders.
- Maintain cost program data bases and metrics and do cost forecasting based on the schedule
- Performs regular reviews of all risks and opportunities with the project team and manages the updates to the tracking system
- Coordinate project reporting to clients
- Prepare and analyze project/program cash flow reports
- Perform forecasting analysis based on trends; progress/productivity measurement, risk analysis & change management
- Scheduling experience utilizing P6
- 15+ years Cost Engineering experience working on large, heavy industrial EPC projects
- 5+ years' experience working in a Lead Cost Engineering role on these projects
- BS degree in Construction Mgmt., Finance/Accounting or Engineering required (or a related discipline).
- Must have working knowledge of Cost Management and Earned Value analysis and be able to perform forecasting analysis based on trends; progress/productivity measurement, risk analysis & change management.
- Involved and knowledgeable regarding all major EPC contract terms; regularly monitors and analyzes all financial contract terms.
- Systems: Knowledge of Primavera Unifier or other Document and Cost Management systems, UIPlanner, Cognos and ERP/EPM is a plus. Willingness to learn/master new systems is a must.
- Comfortable leading/driving complex issues/processes to completion among multiple parties with differing viewpoints.
- Experience in determining and evaluating progress in accordance with a Schedule of Values
- Must possess experience in task identification, resource management, project tracking, financial tracking and forecasting
- Health Insurance plans available, and more
- PTO program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.