Permanent position: Refractory Engineer, Mobile, AL - Specialty Steel Mill- This position will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve the safety, reliability and productivity of the EAF/ AOD, Ladle Wall, and the Tundish areas. Work in concert operations and maintenance identifies improvements, and implement, opportunities for improvement with our refractories and their consumption.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Provide technical guidance and training to the fladle wall and contractor personnel.
- Facilitate the identification and/or implementation of Best Practices and Continuous Improvement across all teams.
- Assist in the development of SOPs and Work Instructions.
- Maintain environmental and safety compliance requirements.
- Identify safety hazards and opportunities for improvement in Safety.
- Control refractory cost and to reduce cost
- Identify environmental opportunities for improvement..
- Lead refractory activities for maintenance outages and shutdowns.
- Develop preventive and predictive programs for area related equipment.
- Any other activities that may be required, or requested to support the business
- 10 years refractory experience preferred.
- 5 years management experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze data and trends and identify opportunities through analysis.
- Stainless Steel or Alloy Steel Melt Shop previous experience an asset but not a necessity.
- Previous AOD/ LTS experience is an asset, not a necessity.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft based programs. SAP/ PM, or other maintenance management system an asset not a necessity.
- English Language Proficiency
- Monthly bonus averaging 15%
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.