Permanent position: We are searching for a Quality Engineer to work for an aviation/aerospace company in Wichita, KS on a direct hire basis.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Communicate and seek methods of integration of qualitystandards across departments to ensure drawing conformity and customer standardsare met.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of various activitiesincluding quality product life cycle management (PLM), product nonconformanceinvestigations, quality document management and other project managementactivities as assigned.
- Support the Chief Inspector.
- Analyze customer returns and production processes in order to determine the root cause of nonconformities, recommend and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Assist in the continual improvement of manufacturing and process Root Cause and Corrective Actions (RCCA) to ensure that all products satisfy customerspecifications and are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a manufacturing or service environment inaviation quality assurance.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and processes.
- Working knowledge of inspection and quality control methods, techniques and equipment.
- AS9100 and compliance training preferred.
- Exposure to Six Sigma tools desired.
- Excellent benefits, PTO & 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.