A Verifications and Validations Technician is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the West Melbourne, FL or Jacksonville, FL area. The V&V Engineer demostrates that the Signaling system or a component fulfills its intended use when placed in its intended environment (real or simulated). No per diem available. Travel up to 10% is required. Responsibilities for the Validation Engineer
Requirements for the Validation Engineer
- Organize and lead project ATC Verification, Integration and Test activities to ensure the delivery of a complete, correct and accurate system in line with Project contractual requirements.
- Contribute to global V&V Strategy definition, provide elements necessary to build V&V Plan. Prepare overall tests (tests sheets and tests scenario).
- Perform test sessions: run test procedures, produce test reports and associated Change Requests. Perform customer acceptance tests, participate in site tests as needed.
- Specify and validate test environment & tools (test bench, recording tools, simulated I/O). Perform investigations on defects detected on test bench or on site.
- Organize, monitor and control validation activities under his/her responsibilities. Manage V&V work products under configuration management according to Configuration specifications.
- Associates degree or certificate in Engineering. 3+ years of experience in testing railway signaling solutions required. Experience with test equipment (VOM, DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generator, Frequency Counters, etc.) required.
- 3+ years specific experience in the railroad signaling field preferred.
<Benefits for the Validation Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.