Contract position: Client involved with high voltage Transmission Line and Substation EPC projects is looking for a QA/QC Manager for a 6 month project located about 2 hours NW of San Antonio, TX. Project includes the upgrade of 18 miles of transmission line and the replacement of wooden poles with steel. You need 15+ years of construction field experience supporting high voltage transmission line projects. Client will pay for mob, demob, per diem & a paid trip home every 3 weeks. Would like someone to be onsite by Sept 10th.Responsibilities for the Quality Manager
Requirements for the Quality Manager
- Supports, supplements & oversees Subcontractors site specific Quality personnel (Inspectors) for transmission line EPC projects
- Work with Subcontractors daily to ensure that the project is constructed & documented in accordance with the project specifications, policies, detailed drawings & industry standards
- Monitor Subcontractor Activities: Material Receiving, Civil, Foundations, Structural (Poles and Lattice structures), and Line Installation Inspections
- Support EPC construction projects by developing EPC Site Specific Quality Plans including Turnover Packages
- Review and approval of Contractor's Quality plans, ITP's, and submittals
- Monitors and supports construction projects for Quality Assurance compliance by performing scheduled audits
- Responsible for providing weekly and monthly reporting regarding quality assurance
- 15+ years of overall construction experience supporting power generation and T&D projects.
- 10+ years of specific construction experience on high voltage transmission line projects
- Specific experience as a QA/QC Manager over high voltage transmission line construction projects
- Must have inspection experience in some of the following areas as it relates to transmission line construction: civil, foundations, structures, wire pulling, pole replacement
- Must be detailed oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer and communications media skills with advanced Technical Writing experience required
- Must have experience with developing quality controls procedures and implementing the procedures
- PTO Plan
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.