Contract position: Large utility located in Jackson MI has immediate need for an Electrical Engineer to provide project engineering and design for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment. This is a long term contract assignment with per diem for qualified candidates. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Project engineering and design for site electrical power, lighting, pressure and temperature instruments, HVAC, electrical valve actuators and SCADA equipment.
- Product/process research
- Field technical support during construction
- Specification drafting and review
- Coordination and communication with multiple internal and external groups
- Preparation of bid packages/request for proposal (RFP) documentation and evaluation of construction contractor proposals.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited program is preferred. Alternative degrees (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, etc.) will be considered with relevant experience
- PE preferred
- Electrical System Design/Installation for Hazardous Locations/Oil and Gas Facilities in compliance with the National Electrical Code/NFPA 70
- Design/interpretation of AC and DC electrical Schematics
- Analog/4-20mA signals
- SCADA/PLC equipment design and applications
- Solid state and electrometrical relays for control applications
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.