Permanent position: Immediate opening for an Manufacturing/Process Engineer with a metal manufacturing background, but that can come from various industries. This role is out of the Memphis, TN area. (south of Memphis in MS) This persons main duties are to research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical processes for the production and inspection of steel pipe. As well as directing and coordinating activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electro-mechanical processes.Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer and industry specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of process design.
- Designs or specifies processes or sub-systems such as instruments, controls, machines, and mechanical systems.
- Plans the development of methods and procedures for testing products or process systems.
- Directs and coordinates process activities to ensure products and processing systems conform to accepted practice and to customer specifications.
- Coordinates operation, maintenance, inspection, and repair activities to obtain optimum utilization of machines and other process equipment.
- Evaluates field product failures and recommends process design modifications to eliminate product non-conformance.
- Calculates sizes of pipes, billets, tolerances and metallurgical requirements per customer specifications.
- Coordinates with production control and logistics to ensure appropriate planning of customer orders to precise specifications; Assists as needed with training of personnel in product testing processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline, from four-year college or university.
- 2-3 years experience in manufacturing
- NDT Level III certifications in the non-destructive testing methods required; experience with metallurgy and material sciences required.
- Direct hire role with company sponsored benefits, 410k, PTO etc...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.