Contract position: CAD Engineer / Designer opportunity with an automotive manufacturing client located South of the Birmingham, AL area. This position will provide commodity team CAD support through the facilitation of design and development activities of relevant parts and communicating applicable specifications and requirements. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Support the Quality departments by investigating malfunctions and solving problems with CAD software
- Assist production departments in devising and implementing countermeasures and process optimization
- Support new product design and change management processes
- Be the lead contact and trainer for Siemens NX and other systems for Product Engineers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or a related area or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Approximately 3 or more years experience in the development / design of automotive or similar parts
- Strong knowledge of Computer Aided Design
- Experience with CATIA V5, Siemens NX, ZUEZ, and other documentation systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.