Contract position: A Supplier Quality Engineer is needed for a multinational automotive corporation in the Detroit, MI area. This role is responsible for leading a group of automotive suppliers, in providing quality powertrain components in sufficient capacity. No per diem available. Travel for domestic on-site supplier visits necessary 1-2 times per year.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Work with the supplier to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented.
- Strategically lead supplier performance improvement projects in an effort to increase the supplier capability of consistently meeting customer existing or new requirements. Projects may include: PPAP, process analysis, value stream mapping, process capability and throughput analysis, 6‐Sigma, 5S and Kaizen events.
- Facilitate and help lead the supplier in the advanced product quality planning of aftermarket part supply following the international VDA/RGA process. Maintain and update supplier audit system and schedule.
- Documents activities related to investigation, disposition and resolution to quality complaints. Conduct supplier audits to confirm product conformity, or drive process standardization, waste elimination, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree with 1 year of related experience OR an Associate's degree with 2 years of related experience. Certifications preferred.
- Project management experience preferred. Statistical process control experience preferred. Problem solving experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.