Permanent position: Our client is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Chicago, IL. This Sr. Mechanical Engineer will lead a team in developing and supporting world-class designs. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will help apply creative thinking, analysis, and innovative concepts to meet or exceed customer requirements. This is direct hire opportunity, relocation is available and it can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- This position will partner with manufacturing, quality, and other engineering teams to implement new technologies and process improvements.
- Work closely with product management on product requirements to assure we have right sized product scope to meet customer needs.
- Establish timeline commitments and to coordinate communication across all areas of the business.
- Simultaneously support multiple projects in various phases of development.
- Work collaboratively to take concepts from innovation and lead the functional development through a stage-gate process.
- Opportunity to interface with customers regarding applications and field service support.
- Ownership of complete project deliverables, including design documentation, production documentation, sales tools, cost model, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Industrial Design.
- 5-8 years of professional engineering work experience in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Detail-orientated with a hands on approach to help your team meet project deadlines.
- 3D CAD software expertise required, SolidWorks preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Holiday pay, 401K.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.